about what now design
Trends come and go, but the basic elements of great publications remain the same: concise writing, eye-catching graphics, and user-friendly design that showcases its information but does not overpower it. Too often, printed publications and websites contain typos, fuzzy pictures, flashy graphics that displace content, and copy full of impressive words that still fail to communicate.
What I do best is helping you create publications and graphics that are anything but ordinary, yet are beautiful to look at, a delight to read, and easy to understand.
For the past 18 years, I have helped companies and clients create extraordinary new publications and improve their existing ones by assisting them with writing, editing, art direction, graphic design, custom illustration, document formatting, and page layout.
- Self-published nonfiction books, autobiographies, and personal memoirs
- Annual and special-edition reports
- Marketing booklets
- 700-page resource directories
- Scientific reports published by the U.S. Department of Interior
- Software and electronics technical manuals
- A Minnesota regional magazine
- Branding identity campaigns for law firm, European business school, and organic farm
- Monthly newsletter for an organization advocating alternative cancer therapies
- Patient and physician education fliers and books
Resume & Client List
- Banquet & Event Resource, Inc.
- Big River Magazine
- Bluff Country Food Co-op
- Empower Law, ECLEE, Emerald Cove Catering
- Firstlogic, Inc.
- Featherstone Fruits & Vegetables
- Riverwise, Inc.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Smith Gardens
- U.S. Geological Survey
- U.S. EPA
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Watlow Controls